April 10, 2017
- Council directed Administration to amend the Business License Bylaw to include two different fee levels for home based businesses and a higher fee for out of Town companies working in Town.
- The RCMP presented their quarterly report to Council highlighting the targeted policing that was focused on in Town.
- Council approved the recommended colour palette for the Multi-Use Facility.
- Council approved the appointments of Chris McKennitt, Glen Larsen, Don Sather and Leanna Iddings to the Culture and Recreation Board.
March 27, 2017
- Council would like to congratulate the Recreation Staff on a job well done with keeping the arena running well all weekend at the Chiefs Tournament. Great work!
- Council passed Bylaw 787-2017 Removal of Municipal Reserve Desgination from Lot r4, Block 29, Plan 1984 R.S.
March 13, 2017
- Council has directed Administration to advertise for two (2) members at large to join the Rec Committee to gather ideas on the operation of the new Multi-Use.
- Council received praise from a Community Member on the new signs being put up by Public Works for the snow removal.
- The Fox Creek Fitness Centre approached Council about the details of the new Multi-Use Facility. Council has directed Administration to use the Recreation Committee to work with the local groups on details for the facility.
February 27, 2017
- Council motioned to provide a rebate on residential and commercial water bills for the billing months of March and April. Watch your bills for the rebate and details on whate the rebate entails.
- The Town of Fox Creek received $1,000,000.00 from the Alberta Municipal Water/Wastewater Partnership for the Water Supply System Upgrade Project.
- The Sod Turning for the Multi-Use Facility and Fire Hall was a great success, minus the cold temperatures and snow! Thank you to everyone who was involved in the set-up of the event.
February 13, 2017
- The FireSmart Widlfire Mitigation Strategy has been approved by Council.
- Council approved the donation of the Community Hall to the 2017 Graduating class for their banquet.
- Council approved the 2017 Operating Budget.
- Council approved the 2017 Capital Budget.
January 23, 2017
- Great turn out at the Airport Open Discussion. STARS was able to answer a lot of resident questions in more detail.
- Council will be donating to the Northland Sno-Goers Annual Poker Rally, let’s all keep our fingers crossed for a big dump of snow before the big event!
January 9, 2017
- Council passed Bylaw 784-2016.
- Municipal Affairs preliminary review came out as positive.
- Once water treatment facility is complete, we will open it up to the public for tours.
- Council has directed the representative to Heart River Housing to review appropriate usage of the Fox Creek affordable housing units.
- Councillor Hailes has volunteered to be a judge on January 14, 2017 at Snowflake Day for the Chili Cook-off.
If you have any questions about the Council highlights please call the Administration Office at 780.622.3896 for more information.
Council meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 6:30 pm. There is a 15 minute open question period for the community to address Council with any concerns at 6:15 – 6:30 pm.