May 22, 2017
- Council received a presentation from Accurate Assessment (the towns assessor) – He presented Council with the 2016 assessment data, highlighting an approximate 5% assessment decrease for 2016 in Fox Creek.
- Wellspring (emergency shelter in Whitecourt) presented to Council on what they do, the services they offer and what their future plans are. Wellspring also highlighted their new second hand clothing store located in midtown mall that is accepting donations in a bin at the back of the store.
- Council passed bylaw 798-2017 – Rates of Taxation Bylaw
- Council approved a Downtown Revitalization Grant Program for businesses located in the downtown core. The program will provide local businesses with a matching grant of up to $5000.00 for improvements to their property – visit www.foxcreek.ca for all of the information.
- Council directed Administration to look into options for revamping the Town entrance signs for the 50th anniversary. – additional information will be presented to Council at the next Council meeting.
- Administration was directed by Council to create a promotional video that highlights what Fox Creek has to offer and why it is such a great place to live, work and play.
If you have any questions about the Council highlights please call the Administration Office at 780.622.3896 for more information.
Council meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month at 6:30 pm. There is a 15 minute open question period for the community to address Council with any concerns at 6:15 – 6:30 pm.