What motivates individual citizens, most of whom lead exceedingly busy lives, to get involved in the Economic Development of their community? what inspires local regional politicians to take on more obligations in already over-committed schedules?
The simple answer is a sense of pride in the community and a belief that conditions could and should be improved through individual and joint effort. This motivation comes from a “shared vision” of the potential of the community that creates a momentum of growing anticipation about the future in addition to inspiring and energizing people.
Through Economic Development and Tourism we strive for a future where the town:
- Is recognized as a great place to live, work and visit.
- Offers a quality of life that serves to attract and retain the best and brightest.
- Is pleasant and safe, and seen as a vibrant, inclusive, multicultural and compassionate community.
- Is still reliant on the oil field activity; however, other sectors have developed and propspered to the point where the regional economy is more balanced and diversified.
- Has replaced many goods and services presently imported from outside the region with localy produced goods and services.
“Today a new economy is clearly emerging: it is a global knowledge and idea-based economy where the keys to wealth and job creation are the extent to which ideas, innovation and technology are embedded in all sectors of the economy” Progressive Policy Institute
Economic Development and Tourism Vision
Our aim is to diversify the economic growth of the community in such a way that we achieve a resilient economic tax base and strong employment options for the next generation, achieve a population growth to 5000 + and have a higher GDP (gross domestic product) / capita.
The Town of Fox Creek will be recognized as a great place to live, work and visit. The quality of life will serve to attract and retain a high quality of individuals. The Town of Fox Creek will be pleasant and safe community with stability, prosperity and family values.
The Town of Fox Creek will be a place where all residents, communities and businesses have an opportunity to prosper. While Oil and Gas will continue to be the economic mainstay, other sectors will have developed and prospered. There will be larger and more diverse retail, commercial and professional services and facilities, including enhanced businesses, educational and medical services. Other important emerging sectors including tourism, forestry and mining will represent increasingly important parts of our economy.
One-on-One Support for Small Businesses
Are you a small business owner? Is this your first time opening a business in Fox Creek? Then make an appointment for one-on-one support to:
- Understand the business license, building permit, and development permit requirements prior to starting the process
- Explore our programs, services and opportunities for your business
To book your one-on-one support, please contact:
Cindy Nielson at 780-622-3896 or email@example.com
For more information about Business Development and Opportunities contact:
Tel: (780) 622 3896