The Town of Fox Creek requires all businesses that are operating, working, providing or selling a product or service within or partially within the town corporate boundaries to possess a valid Fox Creek business license, as established in the Business License Bylaw 796-2017.
Purchasing or Renewing a Business License
You may pay your annual business license fee by cheque made out to the Town of Fox Creek or at the Town Administration Office located at 102 Kaybob Drive. Download an application form:
For more information contact:
Tel: (780) 622 3896
|Business License Application||$20.00|
|Home Occupation (No GST Number - business is registered as proprietorship)||$50.00 / year|
|Home Occupation (GST Registrant- Business is registered as a LTD/Corporation)||$100.00 / year|
|Boarding House Business License Fee||$420.00|
|Commercial||$75.00 / year|
|Industrial||$75.00 / year|
|Service (banks, utility companies, cable, apartments, multi-family, rental properties, mobile home parks, and non-government run health care facilities)||$75.00 / year|
|Lodging||$75.00 / year|
|Multi Commercial||$150.00 / year|
|Hawkers and Peddlers - 1 Day Business License||$25.00|
|Hawkers and Peddlers - Yearly||$200.00 / year|
|Non-Resident Business - With Head Office in Alberta||$150.00 / year|
|Non-Resident Business - Head Office outside Alberta||$250.00 /year|
|Temporary Sale (Seasonal)||$200.00|
|Business License Late Fees||$200.00 + amount owing|
* Operating under one legal business name or numbered company, at the same address, businesses that operate in more than one locale are required to obtain business licenses for each individual business.
*NO multi-business for seasonal, peddler or non-resident businesses.
Resident businesses are pro-rated on a quarterly basis for annual fees only.
- January – March 31 – Full Price
- April 1 – June 30 – 3/4 of Full Price
- July 1 – September 30 – 1/2 of Full Price
- October 1 – December 31 – 1/4 of Full Price
- April 1 – $25.00
- July 1 – $50.00
- October 1 – $75.00
- December 31 – $100.00 year end (Account sent to collection, if business is still operating without a paid license, forward to legal team for action)
Where a business license is surrendered, revoked or cancelled, the Town of Fox Creek shall refund the license fee as follows:
- If surrendered, revoked or cancelled prior to September 1 of the current calendar year, the Town of Fox Creek shall refund to the licensee 1/2 (one half) of the annual fee therefore, but this provision shall not apply for an license issued for a period of less than the full license year.
- If surrendered, revoked or cancelled after September 1 of the current calendar year, the Town of Fox Creek shall not be liable to refund all or any portion thereof of the license fee.
- Operating a Business without a license – $500.00 + $100.00 / day after conviction
- Refusing an inspection – $500.00
- Failing to post license – $200.00