Yes, cannabis will be legal in Alberta on October 17, 2018, but:
- only if you’re 18+;
- purchased only from licensed stores or albertacannabis.org
- 30 grams is the most you can buy or carry at a time
- you can’t smoke in some public places – know your local laws
- driving high is illegal
- it can’t be within reach of anyone in a vehicle
- only 4 plants can be grown per household
- edibles are not yet legal to sell
- kids can’t enter cannabis stores
Read the Alberta Cannabis Framework to learn more.
Update: July 12
Thank you to those who participated.