Highlights from the August 28, 2017 Regular Council Meeting:
- Council presented a $100,000.00 cheque to the Fox Creek Lions Club to go towards the construction of the new Skate Park which will be built near the multi-use facility.
- Council approved the sale of asphalt millings, for $42.00 per cubic meter, to residents and businesses located in Fox Creek. Asphalt millings are a surface alternative to gravel and can be used on driveways and parking lots.
- Council approved the purchase of a new gravel truck / snow plow.
- The Municipal District of Greenview hosted their 17th Annual Charity Golf Tournament at Silver Birch Gold Course on August 25. Some members of Council attended and reported, an estimated $14,000.00 was raised and proceeds will benefit the Fox Creek Food Bank.
- Having received two different options, council held a discussion about the proposed locations for the new helipad. Administration was directed to forward the information package, and Council’s recommendations, to the Municipal District of Greenview – a stakeholder in the project – for their review.
- Council has directed Administration to move forward with signing a contract for a Transportation Routing and Vehicle Information System which will aid the municipality in controlling oversize and overweight loads within its boundaries.