The Town of Fox Creek will be holding a public hearing to review proposed amendments to Land Use Bylaw 778-2016, as well as proposed Business License Bylaw 810-2018 (to replace Bylaw 796-2017), and Smoke Free Public Places Bylaw 814-2018 in accordance with the upcoming Federal Cannabis Legalization on October 17, 2018.
As a Municipality we must ensure our Bylaws are in place with regards to the production, distribution, and use of Cannabis in our community.
Proposed Land Use Bylaw 778-2016 amendments include the addition of Cannabis related businesses:
- A Cannabis retail outlet shall not be located within 150/300 meters of an elementary or high school respectively. In addition, a Cannabis retail outlet shall not be located within 100 meters of a Health Care Facility or an Addiction Treatment Facility.
- Notwithstanding 41A.4 and 41A.5 of the bylaw, the separation distances between Cannabis retail store(s) and schools, health care facilities, or addiction treatment facilities do not apply within the (C-1) Central Business land use districts.
- Cannabis retail stores will be limited to a maximum of three within the (C-1) Central Business district.
Proposed Business License Bylaw 810-2018 includes:
- A maximum of three (3) Business licenses for Cannabis retail stores will be issued.
- Business license holders must adhere to ALL applicable Federal and Provincial Cannabis policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Proposed Smoke Free Public Places Bylaw 814-2018 includes:
- The rules for consumption of Cannabis by way of a lit tobacco product or use of an electronic cigarette.
For more information:
A copy of the proposed Bylaws and amendments are available to review at the Town of Fox Creek Administration Office during regular office hours.
The public hearing will be held at
102 Kaybob Drive
In Council Chambers on October 9, 2018, at 6:15 pm.