Skip to content
Council Meeting Feb. 25, 2019 Highlights
- Stacy Hanlon and Deb Roddick from Minor Baseball presented to Council their proposal for the upgrades to the main baseball diamond in town. This upgrade will allow for regulation play for the Bantam and Midget teams. This upgrade will make this diamond another focal point for the community. With this ever-growing program and having hosted the 2018 PeeWee “A” Provincials, the group is looking to become a hub for a new baseball league which would be known as the “43-16” which would consist of 8 communities in Northern Alberta. Minor Baseball approached Council for assistance with funding part of the upgrades to the diamond. Council allotted $12,000.00 to start this project for the 2019 Baseball Season.
- Council approved Policy PO70-2019 Advertising Policy. This policy will establish a basis for Administration to make decisions for consideration of external advertising requests from non-profit and for-profit organizations and groups.
- Council adopted the 2019 Strategic Plan for the Town of Fox Creek. This plan will be used by Council and Administration for all future planning and as well as to follow the direction that Council would like to see the Town move towards. Future developers and business owners can also use this plan to understand the direction Fox Creek is heading towards.
- Community member Evelyn Rogers has been reappointed to the Fox Creek Municipal Library Board. Council wishes to thank Evelyn for her continued dedication to the Community!
- Administration wishes to welcome our new Director of Operations, Keith MacDonald. Keith comes to us with a number of years of experience as well as a Level 3 Water and Wastewater Certification. Welcome Keith, we look forward to working with you!
- Council directed Administration to complete further investigation into a potential reduction of speed along Highway 43 through Fox Creek. This has the potential to increase traveller safety when exiting or entering Fox Creek from Highway 43.