Below are some of the Town of Fox Creek’s most frequently requested Bylaws, Policies and Permits
If the Bylaw, Policy or Permit that you are looking for is not found below, please call the Town Administration Office at 780.622.3896 or email email@example.com.
A short synopsis has been provided as well as the ability to download the document in its entirety.
If you have a bylaw complaint to make to the Town, contact the Town Administration Office during office hours.
In order for Administration to record a complaint, you must be willing to give your name, address, and phone number. This information is kept confidential. Once a complaint has been made with Administration, it is passed on to the appropriate department. If your concern involved a bylaw, it is passed on to the Peace Officer.
Bylaw tickets can be paid at the Town Administration Office during regular business hours. If you have a complaint against an issued ticket, please complete a complaint form at the Town Administration Office or at the RCMP Detachment.
Bylaws, Licenses & Policies
The Town recognizes various types of achievements such as:
- Provincial, national or international competition, or other similar acclaim
- Culture or Community Services
- Milestones, such as wedding anniversaries, birthdays and anniversaries or organizations and businesses within Fox Creek
- Official openings of organizations and businesses in Fox Creek; and
- Community and Town Volunteers
The Town will recognize the various achievements through a letter of Congratulations, Certificates of Recognition or an Award of Merit depending on the achievement. Please read all requirements, fill out the forms below and hand them in at the Town Administration Office to have the special event recognized!
The Town will not permit or license a dangerous dog within the Community.
No owner shall suffer, permit or allow for any reason, his/her dog or other domesticated animal to be at large within the Town of Fox Creek.
A Peace Officer may seize and capture any animal(s) found running at large or running loose, and may impound said animal(s) in the Town Animal Shelter.
The Town contains NO designated off-leash areas.
- Development Permit Application (Residential)
- Development Permit Application (Commercial/Industrial)
- Sign Permit Application
- Demolition Permit Application
The Town of Fox Creek contracts out Superior Safety Codes Inc. for Permits and Inspections within the Town.
Contact Superior at 1.866.999.4777 or visit www.superiorsafetycodes.com for more information.
You may pay your annual business license fee by cheque made out to the Town of Fox Creek or at the Town Administration Office located at 102 Kaybob Drive. Download the application and information forms:
Guidelines for the structure and conduct of Council boards and committees.
No child (17 years of age or under) shall be in a public place within the limits of the Town after the hour of 11:00 pm and before the hour of 6:00 am the following day without proper Adult Guardianship or a Legitimate Excuse. Any child that is found in a public place during these hours is guilty of an offence and is liable to receive a fine of not less than $100.00 dollars. The Guardian that has allowed the child to be in a public place during these hours is also liable for a fine not less than $100.00 dollars.
This bylaw provides a TWO (2) year tax exemption on land purchased from the Town of Fox Creek and that is actively being developed and serviced.
Bylaw 833-2020 – Building on Vacant Commercial/Industrial Land – First reading given May 4, 2020
This bylaw provides a tax exemption during the first year of construction, followed by a declining rebate for the next three (3) years for new building construction on any existing vacant commercial/industrial land in Fox Creek.
The formal process for the disposition of Municipal owned lands including Reserve Land, former Reserve Land, and Fee Simple Land which meets the requirements as set out in the Municipal Government Act.
The establishment of an Emergency Management Advisory Committee and an Emergency Management Plan
No person shall enter, be or remain in the Fox Creek Greenview Multiplex unless such person complies with this policy at all times and with all other applicable Town, Provincial or Federal laws, ordinances, rules and regulations.
Fox Creek’s Land Use Bylaw, and amendments, regulate how land and buildings are used, building location, site allocation, building heights, and other provisions to ensure orderly development.
Pursuant to the Municipal Government Act (Chapter M 26.1), the Town of Fox Creek has established this bylaw to regulate nuisances, untidy and unsightly properties.
Contractors / Developers purchasing one lot only are subject to the same terms and conditions as set out for individual purchasers, whether purchasing the lot for a client, or for re-sale.
Lot prices include: water, sewer, gas to property line, and all frontage charges to street, sidewalk and street lights. Lot price does not include Goods and Service Tax.
- A Recreation Facility;
- A Public Park;
- Any Town owned public facility;
- An outdoor ‘special event,’ unless in a defined area specifically identified by the event organizer as a designated consumption area;
- Where children are playing or congregating; or
- The front entrance to a commercial building;
- Consumption of recreation cannabis is prohibited in any form (smoking, vaping, and edibles) in Fox Creek Public Places.
The Bylaw does not prohibit a person from consuming cannabis at a residence.
A bylaw that is passed annually to impose a tax in respect of property in the municipality to raise revenue which is to be used toward the payment of expenditures and transfers set out in the budget.
A bylaw to impose penalties on all taxes remaining unpaid on days specified.
A bylaw to establish payment plans for taxes in arrears.
- Water Supply Measures
- Water Demand Management Measures
- Ownership of Facilities
- Alternate Water Supply
- Resale of Water
- Connection to the Town’s Distribution System
- Meters and Meter Readings
- Fire Hydrants
- Appropriate Use and Access of Facilities
- Utility Accounts and Water Service
- Service Disconnection and Reconnection
For more information see the brochure and application form below or contact the Town Administration Office at 780.622.3896.
- ALL GARBAGE MUST BE IN A CAN OR RECEPTACLE – any waste that is not properly placed on the curb in a container WILL NOT BE PICKED UP.
- A garbage can when full must weigh no more than 18 kgs or 40 lbs
- When garbage is found on a property, regardless of who may have deposited the waste on the property, the owner or occupant of the premises shall be responsible for the proper removal and disposal of the said waste.