A message to the people of Fox Creek
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing – Theodore Roosevelt.
We are in the midst of a devastating fourth wave of the COVID pandemic. Below are the steps necessary to follow while infected:
- The first week of a COVID infection is often similar to a flu infection. Therefore, first week of infection with COVID should be treated as a flu with isolation, rest, and adequate fluids.
- Phone 811 to book for a COVID swab while continuing isolation. If you experience shortness of breath, go to the hospital.
- Consider purchasing a pulse oximeter if you are positive. Measurements between 95%-100% are normal. On exertion, if you feel short of breath, re-check. If you have readings of 94% or lower, please go to the hospital. Pulse rates can increase (100 beats or above) with COVID and the struggle to breath also effects your pulse rate. A finger pulse oximeter costs as little as $25.00.
- Exercising your lungs are shown to be beneficial. One easy exercise is blowing into a balloon as much as you can with one breath and repeat a few times. Repeat this exercise a few times per day.
- The most critical day of COVID is day 8. On day 8, if your symptoms are worsening or not improving, you should seek medical advice whether that is by phoning a physician or going to the emerge.
- Get Vaccinated. There are minimal contraindications to the vaccine. Please get vaccinated. If you are pregnant and have COVID, consult one of the physicians. Alberta is losing the COVID battle as the province is running low on ventilators as well as ICU beds.
- Please call the clinic to speak to a physician if you have COVID. We want to ensure you are safe and will do check in phone calls as well as give advice while you are in isolation. Please inform us if you are COVID positive to help us plan for coping capacity.
The treatment protocols for COVID in Canada does not include supplements. If, however, you would like to use supplements below are guidelines you can follow. These dosages are for when you test positive with COVID and should be used within the first week of infection.
- Vitamin D 4000 international units per day.
- Vitamin C 4000 mg per day.
- Zinc 50 mg twice per day.
- Quercetin 250 mg twice per day.
- Aspirin 325 mg per day (if you do not have contraindications such as stomach ulcers or bleeding disorders).
Take special precautions when travelling. The cities are the hot-beds of COVID. Wear a mask, wash your hands, and try not to touch your face. As simple as these steps may seem, they could save your life!
Remember together we can do this!
The physicians of Fox Creek