Announcement of new COVID-19 restrictions to Stop the Spike.
May 5, 2021
The announcement from the Alberta Government yesterday regarding the implementation of new mandatory restrictions and penalties has left some confused on what is and is not permissible in municipalities below the regional threshold.
The regional threshold as outlined by the province is a municipality that has fewer than 50 COVID-19 cases per 100,000 people and/or fewer than 30 active cases. These communities that fall under this threshold, including Fox Creek, will revert to Step 0 level restrictions. Which include:
- Outdoor social gatherings
- All outside social gatherings must be limited to no more than 10 people.
- Mandatory physical distancing must be maintained at all times between members of different households.
- All indoor social gatherings are still prohibited.
- Mandatory dining restrictions – Provincewide – Effective May 9 at 11:59 pm
- All in-person dining, including on patios, is prohibited.
- Restaurants, pubs, bars, lounges, cafes and food courts can open for takeout, curbside pickup and delivery only.
- No more than 20 people can attend funeral services, including participants and guests.
- This continues the current limit of 20 people and brings funerals in line with wedding services.
- Wedding and funeral receptions are still not permitted.
- Indoor Fitness
- All indoor fitness must close, including for 1-on-1 training.
- All youth and adult indoor sport, performance, and recreation activities
- All youth and adult indoor sport, performance and recreation activities are prohibited.
- All indoor recreation facilities must close. Outdoor recreation amenities can be open to public access unless specifically closed by public health order.
- Outdoor recreation with up to 10 people is allowed.
- Personal and wellness services can stay open by appointment only.
In response to this announcement, the Town of Fox Creek will again be closing the Fox Creek Greenview Multiplex and Community Hall to the public, effective 11:59 PM, May 9, 2021. Both the Community Resource Centre and Town of Fox Creek Administration Office will continue to remain open by appointment only. Also, in effect at 11:59 PM, May 9th, all in-person programming that was previously scheduled will be cancelled or made available virtually.
These measures will remain in place until otherwise announced.
We thank the community for their continued patience and compliance with provincial restrictions as it is the main reason Fox Creek is not currently a hotspot for COVID transmission and contraction.
Chief Administrative Officer