KEYERA ENERGY LTD.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AND ENHANCEMENT ACT
NOTICE OF APPLICATION
In accordance with the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, Keyera Energy Ltd. has applied to Environment and Protected Areas for a renewal of an existing Approval 158998-01-00 for the post closure of the Keyera Simonette Class II Industrial Landfill. The operation is located at NE of Section 05 Township 063 Range 25 West of the 5th Meridian with a capacity of 70,000m3.
A directly affected person may provide input into certain regulatory decisions, as allowed by the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act (section 73). Specifically, any person who is directly affected by this application may submit a written statement of concern within 30 days of the date of this notice to:
Environment and Protected Areas
Regulatory Assurance Section
5th Floor, South Petroleum Plaza
9915 – 108 ST
EDMONTON, AB T5K 2G8
Fax: (780) 422-0154
The written statement of concern should include the following:
– the application number 007-158998
– describe concerns that are relevant to matters regulated by the Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
– explain how the filer of the concern will be directly affected by the activities proposed in the application
– provide the legal land location of the land owned or used by the filer where the concerns described are believed to be applicable
– state the distance between the land owned or used by the filer and the site in the application
– contact information including the full name and mailing address of the filer.
Please provide a telephone number and/or email address for ease of contact.
Environment and Protected Areas will review each written statement of concern, seek more information if needed, and notify each filer by letter of the decision to accept or reject their written submission as a valid statement of concern. The Public Notice of this application will also be posted on the Department’s website at https://avw.alberta.ca/PublicNoticesViewer.aspx.
Statements of concern submitted regarding this application are public records which are accessible by the public and the applicant. Failure to file a statement of concern may affect the right to file a Notice of Appeal with the Environmental Appeals Board.
Copies of the application and additional information can be obtained from:
Keyera Energy Ltd.
Attention: Jennifer Kot
200, 144 4th Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3N4
Download this Public Notice here.