Implementation of the Restrictions Exemptions Program at the Fox Creek Greenview Multiplex and Fox Creek Community Hall
Download Signed Public Notice
As COVID-19 restrictions have ebbed and flowed consistently over the past 18+ months, we have remained on our toes and have made tough calls that have been unfortunate, but necessary. Many of these calls have been completely out of our hands, as provincial mandates supersede any decision made on the municipal level, but we have continuously done what we could in the effort to bring an end to this pandemic.
With the province’s announcement last week mandating eligible “in-scope” businesses to either implement their new Restrictions Exemption Program or face operational restrictions, the Town immediately began considering both options and implications for its facilities, and the community.
We know people are feeling frustrated and fatigued, it is understandable as we are also feeling that same way. However, the health and wellbeing of the residents of Fox Creek are the Town’s, and Council’s, first and foremost concern.
It was far from an easy decision, but during last night’s Regular Meeting, Council motioned to implement the Restrictions Exemption Program for the Fox Creek Greenview Multiplex and the Fox Creek Community Hall. Effective immediately, the following will be in place until mandates allow otherwise.
- Businesses and service providers who implement this program can immediately and without restriction serve any individual over the age of 18 who:
- From Sept. 20 to Oct. 25, has valid proof of a single dose of vaccine received two or more weeks before the time of service
- From Oct. 26 and beyond, has proof of a complete vaccine series with the second dose received two weeks or more before the time of service; or
- Has documentation of a medical exemption from a physician or nurse practitioner; or
- Has proof of a recent (within the previous 72 hours) negative COVID-19 test (either PCR or Rapid Test)
- The test cannot be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories
- Those under the age of 18 DO NOT need to provide proof of immunization or a negative test to enter a participating business
- Businesses that implement the Restrictions Exemption Program must continue to follow indoor mandatory masking requirements
To ensure ease of access to the Fox Creek Greenview Multiplex the following additional measures will be put in place, also effective immediately.
- The main entrance will be utilized for ALL entries and exits into the building
- A piece of ID will be required along with proof of vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 test upon entry into the building
Renters of the Fox Creek Community Hall will be required to adhere to the requirements stated under the Restrictions Exemption Program and will be responsible for ensuring all people in the facility during your rental period also follow the guidelines.
This choice was ultimately made because it allows the Multiplex to remain at a relatively regular operational level. Adult and youth programming will not be forced to cancel, the restaurant will be able to remain open to in-person dining, and services will still be accessible. While the same can not be said if we chose not to implement the program.
All other Town facilities and services not located within these two buildings will not be implementing the Restriction Exemption Program.
We would like to remind everyone that the various Town departments have been put to their limits finding alternative ways to still service the Fox Creek community in the midst of these constant changes and to not forget that our employees have been impacted by COVID-19 as well.
Patrons of the Fox Creek Greenview Multiplex and the Community Hall must respect this decision as well as all staff and fellow patrons at either facility. Those who do not comply with these requirements will be asked to vacate the premises.
Everyone’s ongoing efforts and ability to adapt to new restrictions is truly praiseworthy but we do hope that the need for these traits will, sooner rather than later, no longer be needed.
Chief Administrative Officer
RECORD OF DECISION – CMOH Order 43-2021; 2021 COVID-19 Response – Alberta Government’s Restrictions Exemption Program. https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/cmoh-order-43-2021.pdf
Book Your Vaccine, https://www.alberta.ca/covid19-vaccine.aspx
Alberta Vaccine Record, https://www.albertavaccinerecord.ca/#/
Alberta Vaccine Lottery, https://www.alberta.ca/open-for-summer-lottery.aspx
Alberta Vaccine Debit Card, https://www.alberta.ca/vaccine-debit-card.aspx