With a minimum 60% of Albertans aged 12 and up having received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination, the Government of Alberta has permitted the province to enter Stage 2 of reopening beginning June 10, 2021.
In Stage 2, the following will be permitted:
- Outdoor social gatherings – up to 20 people with distancing (indoor social gatherings still not permitted)
- Indoor recreation, entertainment, and other settings (rec centres, arenas, casinos, cinemas, theatres, museums, galleries, libraries, etc.) – open at 1/3 of fire code occupancy
- Gyms and fitness studios – open for solo and drop-in activities and indoor fitness classes with 3 metre distancing
- Funeral services – up to 20 people, indoors and outdoors (receptions permitted outdoors only)
- Wedding ceremonies – up to 20 people, indoors and outdoors (receptions permitted outdoors only)
- Places of worship – 1/3 of fire code occupancy
- Personal and wellness services – resume walk-in service
- Post-secondary – resume in-person learning
- Restaurants – 6 people per table max, indoors or outdoors
- Retail – 1/3 of fire code occupancy (must maintain ability to distance)
- Youth activities (day camps, overnight camps, play centres) – resume with restrictions
- Youth and adult sports – resume with no restrictions, indoors and outdoors
- Outdoor public gatherings (concerts/festivals) – up to 150 people
- Outdoor fixed seating facilities (grandstands) – 1/3 seated capacity
- Work from home order is lifted but still recommended
- Social distancing and mask are still required
With this, the Town of Fox Creek is excited to announced that its facilities that have been closed to the public will now be opened. This includes:
- Town Administration Office: OPEN June 10, 2021, at 8:00 am
- Community Resource Centre: OPEN June 10, 2021, at 8:00 am
- Fox Creek Community Hall: OPEN June 10, 2021
- Including the Play Room
The Fox Creek Greenview Multiplex will also be OPENING June 10, 2021, at 8:00 with the following guidelines:
- Fitness Centre will permit 6 people MAX for solo workouts. Booking appointments ahead of time is recommended.
- Chevron Aquatic Centre will permit 25 people MAX.
- Shell Fieldhouse will permit 30 people MAX.
- Walking Track will permit 20 people MAX.
- Meeting rooms will be open for public use.
It is important to note that memberships for the Fox Creek Greenview Multiplex will recommence beginning June 10, 2021. Days remaining on memberships prior to the closures will be honoured with an additional 14 days added as a thank you for your patience during this time.
Example: Prior to closures, a member had 120 days remaining on their membership.
June 10, 2021 + 120 days = October 8, 2021
October 8, 2021 + 14 days added = October 22, 2021
NEW EXPIRATION DATE: October 22, 2021
*Masks are still required in the facility when not directly utilizing fitness equipment or eating/drinking.
Also opening in the Fox Creek Greenview Multiplex.
- True North Taphouse with 6 people per table MAX
- Fox Creek Library
Thank you to the community for your steadfast patience and understanding this past year and a half. We look forward to seeing everyone again and the start of returning to a relatively normal state of social life.
Chief Administrative Officer