STEPS TO SAFELY RETURN TO NORMAL
At 5:00 pm February 8, 2022, the Province of Alberta announced that public health measures will be gradually lifted. Beginning February 8 at 11:59 p.m., Alberta will move to step one, of a three-step process. Step 1 includes the removal of the Restrictions Exemption Program and capacity limits on venues under 500 capacity, including libraries and places of worship, and allows for food and beverage consumption in seated audience settings for large events and entertainment venues. Mandatory masking for children and youth in schools, and for youth aged 12 and under in any setting will end February 13 at 11:59 p.m.
The three-step process will see changes to working from home, masking requirements, large venue capacity limits and indoor social gathering limits, with a final step removing isolation requirements and COVID-specific measures in continuing care settings. The lifting of restrictions will progress once pressures on the health-care system have sufficiently eased.
As of 11:59 p.m. the Town of Fox Creek will effectively be following Step 1 as outlined by the Province.
- Restrictions Exemption Program (REP) ends, along with most associated restrictions.
- Entertainment venues will continue to have some specific rules in place:
- Restrictions on sale of food and beverages and consumption while seated in audience settings will be removed.
- Restrictions on closing times, alcohol service, table capacity in restaurants and interactive activities will remain in force.
- For all businesses, venues and facilities – whether they were previously eligible for the REP or not – capacity limits are removed, except for:
- Facilities with capacity of 500 to 1,000, which will be limited to 500.
- Facilities with capacity of 1,000-plus, which will be limited to 50 per cent.
Effective 11:59 p.m. on February 13:
- Masks will no longer be required for all children and youth in schools.
- Masks will no longer be required in any setting for children aged 12 and under.
The Province anticipates Step 2 will come into effect on March 1, as long as the strain on the health care system remains manageable.
The Town of Fox Creek will be lifting the Restrictions Exemption Program at the Fox Creek Greenview Multiplex and the Community Hall effective 11:59 p.m. this evening. However, we would like to remind the Patrons of the facilities that masking and physical distancing will remain mandatory in all indoor public spaces for individuals over the age of 12 until further steps are implemented by the Province.
While the REP Program will be lifted at the facility, the Town will continue with extra cleaning protocols as the health and wellbeing of the residents of Fox Creek are the Town’s, first and foremost concern.
We thank everyone for your cooperation and efforts during the implementation of the REP program at our facilities. We look forward to seeing everyone in the coming days, as we continue to offer a full schedule of programs and events.
The Town of Fox Creek.