Councillor Stadnyk has recently announced his resignation. Due to this vacancy occurring more than 18 months before the next Municipal Election, the Town of Fox Creek is required to hold a By-Election to fill the vacant council position.
Every candidate nomination will:
- be in the prescribed form
- be signed by at least 5 people who are electors eligible to vote in this election, and a resident of Fox Creek on the date of signing the nomination
- be accompanied with a written acceptance sworn or affirmed in the prescribed form by the person nominated, stating:
- that the person is eligible to be elected to the office, as well as the name, address and telephone number of the person’s agent, if one has been appointed
- that the person will accept the office if elected
- that the person will read and comply with the municipality’s code of conduct if elected, and
- that the persons who have signed the nomination are electors who are eligible to vote in this election, and are residents of Fox Creek on the date of signing the nomination
- be accompanied by a deposit of $50.00 in the form of cash, certified cheque, money order, debit or credit card
Click Here to view and print the Nomination Paper and Candidate’s Acceptance form.