The Town of Fox Creek offers a Business Beautification Grant each year for those in the Downtown Core area along Highway 43.
The Downtown Beautification Grant Program has been instituted by Fox Creek Town Council as an incentive to work together with property owners, encouraging a positive, memorable image to attract visitors, business and residents alike. In an effort to reinforce this image, Town Council has set aside funds to assist property owners located in the Downtown Core ( as identified in the Downtown Revitalization Plan 2016 ) to beautify their property by providing 50% of the cost of their beautification project to a maximum grant amount of $5,000 to successful applicants.
Applications are due by September 30 of the year preceding the project.
Applications of the Downtown Beautification Grant must be the building’s owner or their designate, and meet the following minimum requirements:
- The proposed property must be zoned as a Commercial Development
- Located within the boundaries of the Downtown Revitalization Area
- The Applicant has upgraded existing development
- The Applicant has obtained all necessary permits for the construction, including development permits and any permits required under the Safety Codes Act, RSA 2000, c.S-01, including but not limited to building permits
- All construction must conform to the requirements of the Town of Fox Creek Land Use Bylaw and other applicable municipal, provincial and federal regulations
- The Applicant must not have any outstanding accounts with the Town of any taxes, receivables, utilities or any other service provided by the Town to the Owner.
Eligible projects for the Downtown Beautification Grant include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Planter, hanging baskets, garden areas
- Additional lighting
- Street furniture
Project applications for the Downtown Beautification Grant will be received/reviewed, and reimbursement issued on a first come first served basis until funds are depleted or the project term has ended.
Maximum assistance allowed is 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $5,000 per application.
No individual or business will be eligible for reimbursement under the Downtown Beautification Grant Program if such entity is in default of taxes owing or an obligation funded by any other municipal program.
Town funds will be disbursed in conjunction with the private match funds and only for work as specified in the contract which has been satisfactorily completed.
Applicants are responsible for payment of all contractors.
The matching grant is paid only upon completion of pre-approved applicant paid work.
Prior to filing an application the applicant is encouraged to review the Application Requirements and consult with the Development Department regarding the application process, requirements, criteria and rules of eligibility.
Contact the Development Department by phoning 780-622-3896 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications shall be submitted to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Mail or In Person
Town Administration Office
Attn: Chief Administrative Officer
PO Box 149
102 Kaybob Drive
Fox Creek, AB T0H 1P0