The Town of Fox Creek offers a Facade Improvement Grant each year for those in the Downtown Core area along Highway 43.
The Facade Improvement Grant Program has been instituted by Fox Creek Town Council as an incentive to work together with property owners, encouraging a positive, memorable image to attract visitors, business and residents alike. In an effort to reinforce this image, Town Council has set aside funds to assist property owners located in the Downtown Core ( as identified in the Downtown Revitalization Plan 2016 ) to improve their property’s facade by providing 50% of the cost of their beautification project to a maximum grant amount of $10,000 to successful applicants.
Applications are due by November 30 of the year preceding the project.
Applications of the Facade Improvement Grant must be the building’s owner or their designate, and meet the following minimum requirements:
- The proposed project must involve existing buildings used for primarily retail or commercial purposes
- Located within the boundaries of the Downtown Revitalization Area
- Project must be referenced to a building defined by a separate land title, physical construction and ownership
- The amount of Town funding potentially available for the project must not exceed 50% of eligible costs as detailed by Council in the Reimbursement Agreement. No building may receive more than $10,000 in project grants
- Reimbursement for architectural fees may not exceed 20% of eligible costs (maximum $2,000) per facade
- The proposed project must involve eligible Facade and Storefront Improvements
- Applicants may be required to meet additional requirements
Note: Some limited discretion may be exercised in extending program eligibility to institutional and non-profit projects or non-commercial uses adjacent to commercial activity with a street level function and aesthetic which are consistent with the intent and effect of these procedures.
Eligible projects for the Facade Improvement Grant include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Repainting, cleaning or re-facing of facades
- Repair or restoration of facade masonry, brickwork or wood
- Replacement, repair or restoration of cornices, eaves, parapets and other architectural features
- Replacement or repair of windows
- Entrance modifications that improve the appearance and/or access
- Redesign and reconstruction of the store front
- Installation of appropriate new signage or improvements to existing signage
- Installation or repair of canopies and awnings
- Installation or repair of exterior lighting
Project applications for the Facade Improvement Grant will be received/reviewed, and reimbursement issued on a first come first served basis until funds are depleted or the project term has ended.
Maximum assistance allowed is 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $10,000 per building facade. Reimbursement of architectural fees may not exceed 20% of eligible costs (maximum $2,000).
No individual or business will be eligible for reimbursement under the Facade Improvement Grant Program if such entity is in default of taxes owing or an obligation funded by any other municipal program.
Town funds will be disbursed in conjunction with the private match funds and only for work as specified in the contract which has been satisfactorily completed.
Applicants are responsible for payment of all contractors.
The matching grant is paid only upon completion of pre-approved applicant paid work.
Prior to filing an application the applicant is encouraged to review the Application Requirements and consult with the Development Department regarding the application process, requirements, criteria and rules of eligibility.
Contact the Development Department by phoning 780-622-3896 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completed applications shall be submitted to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Mail or In Person
Town Administration Office
Attn: Chief Administrative Officer
PO Box 149
102 Kaybob Drive
Fox Creek, AB T0H 1P0